I have looked at the growth charts for a year now. I finally got around to making one.
Paul had an extra board that I used. He sanded and stained the board for me.
I used white oracle 651 vinyl. I used the silhouette design studio to create the markings and numbers.
I have used Cricut transfer paper before, but recently came across regular contact paper (clear shelf liner). I think it works better for transfers. It is not super sticky so you are not fighting the vinyl as well. Plus, it is a lot cheaper than the transfer paper.
Once everything was cut and ready to go, it only took a couple minutes to attach the vinyl. I did measure the board to have it sit above the baseboard. Make sure you know where you are going to hang this, so you can make your measurements accordingly.
Make it a great day,